August 8, 2013 § Leave a comment
So, this was a rather crap week for me, but in all fairness, I must make note of the following things:
– We are having some seriously lovely weather this week
– Mr. H, my other family members & fantastic friends (also family to me) are always on my side*
– I scored some Goldfrapp tickets for their show in September (http://goldfrapp.com/live/),
– I CANNOT WAIT to watch my excellent and cheery Nephew devour his 2nd Birthday Cake this weekend, and
– A-Dog never ceases to be adorably odd:
So, as I always like to tell myself, when things are feeling all wrong, try to remember how much is really quite fine.
* Except when I suggest to Mr. H that we get a small monkey. Can’t blame the man, though.
(Photo of A-Dog looking out a glass pane into the rest of the office: Mr. H. Any chance he’ll learn to code?)
March 7, 2013 § Leave a comment
Mr. H and I are always looking for recipes that are easier to make than calling for take-out. And I feel as conflicted about this as you may feel, but, I think a number of the recipes on Goop are actually quite good. Tonight, we made this delicious salad made of blueberries, fennel stalks, cucumber and a few other tasty items (http://goop.com/recipes/salads/blueberry_ricotta) with a little plain roasted chicken breast to bulk it up for dinner.* What can I say, it was delicious and light. The perfect thing to have when the rest of your week may have included pizza and wine on more than one occasion.
* When I am on my A-Game, I roast a few boneless, skinless ones with just a little olive oil, salt and pepper and freeze them for nights that call for tossing a little protein into whatever you are eating.
(Photo and plating: Mr. H)